Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Borders vs. Barnes & Noble Part II

I will let you decide. Frankly, I continue to get my books at borders for the most part. That is if I do not use www.caligobooks.com.

From: Elizabeth
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:49 PM
To: Customer Service (Retail)
Subject: BN Retail
I am requesting your LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) section be upgraded and enhanced. I am always dissappointed when my husband wants/needs to come by one of your stores instead of Borders. I always enjoy the LGBT section, novels/mysteries. I prefer to go the Borders and drive an extra mile than go to your store nearer us. Where Borders has afloor to ceiling section on LGBT section and a seperate section under sexuality studies, your store as a couple of shelves that mix both andis rather a pathetic showing. I have made my thoughts known at your Val Vista and US 60 store in Mesa AZ. Until this is address in your store, Iwill continue to spend my many dollars at Borders on Southern and Alma School Rd.
Thank you,
Elizabeth

From: Mary Ausman MJAusman@bn.com
To: Elizabeth
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:01:19 AM
Subject: Barnes & Noble
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your email. As booksellers, one of our main goals is to make it as easy as possible for customers to find the books they are interested in. While we pride ourselves by making available any book in print, our stores operate within a finite space so we must make careful decisions about what books are physically shelved in our stores. When we open a new store in a community, we stock the shelves very broadly. As time goes by, and we receive feedback from our customers based on sales and orders, the selections in the store become tailored to the customer base in that individual area. Therefore, selections vary from store to store. As you know, books that are not in stock can be ordered and the customer has the option of picking the book up in the store or having it shipped to their home. We diligently monitor these orders to see if we are missing opportunities for in-store sales and adjust our inventory accordingly. I hope this information is helpful, and invite you to contact me directly if you have any questions in the future.
Sincerely,
Mary Ausman
Supervisor, Customer Service
Barnes & Noble, Inc.122 Fifth AvenueNew York, NY 10011tel: (800) 422-7717fax: (212)352.3660mjausman@bn.comwww.barnesandnobleinc.com


Sent:Wednesday, February 06, 2008 12:52:24 PM
To:customercare@bordersstores.com
Subject:Books
Contact Customer:
AZ>Store Number: 69>Store Address: 1361 S. Alma School Road
Comments:>>I wrote to Barnes and Noble recently, letting them know I much prefer to go your Borders. I find your LGBT secition much more lush and well stocked. Thank you for your support and continuing ambitions to reach out to all who wish to read. I will continue to shop at your Mesa, AZ store.

From: "customercare@bordersstores.com" customercare@bordersstores.com
To: elizatanner
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2008 3:38:39 PM
Subject: RE: Books
Dear Elizabeth,Thanks for writing to Borders to share your feedback.
We appreciate your positive comments! We are always glad to hear from customers, but it is especially nice when a happy customer takes the time to let us know that we've done a good job. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
Sincerely,

Borders Customer Carehttp://www.bordersstores.com

No comments: